What's new
SWG Beyond

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Development Roadmap

Which of the following Roadmap Development Projects would you rank number one?

• Jedi Update

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Smuggler Slicing Update

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Beast Master Update

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Other (Please include a brief description)

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CSRDaryn

Staff
Staff member
DevRoadmap.png
Development Roadmap - 11/03/2023

Jedi Update

Phase 1: Implement Unlocking of Force Ranking System
  • The system will automatically assign characters a randomly generated list of requirements.
  • Each character’s requirements will be different.
  • All aspects of the game will be included.
  • A new NPC will give players a percentage value that shows how close the player is to unlocking the FRS.
  • New holocrons, looted from various sources throughout the galaxy, will be able to "guide" players.
Phase 2: Return of Jedi Healer, Jedi Defender, Jedi Enhancer, Force Powers, and Master Lightsaber
  • New abilities, animations, skill mods, and MUCH more.
  • Players will be able to distribute points as they choose. (E.g.: Some in Healer, some in defender, etc.)
  • Jedi Force Bar required to use abilities.
  • The higher a player’s rank, the more points are available to spend on skills/expertise.
  • If a player loses rank, they will lose points.
Phase 3: Maintaining FRS, Leaderboards and Penalties
  • System to maintain, gain or lose rank.
  • Addition of an FRS Leaderboard.
  • High ranking players will be permanently listed on the Bounty Terminals.
  • There will be a penalty for death.
Note: This update will have NO impact on the current Jedi system, this is an addon/optional player progression system.

Slicing Update

Desire to give your weapons and/or armor a bit of a boost or advantage over other players? Visiting a Master Underworld Smuggler, to see what type of illegal modifications can be made, may be something you are interested in…?
  • New slicing tools may be used to modify armor (such as armor protection) weapons (min/max damage, etc.), as well as other in-game items.
  • New lootable components required to manufacture slicing tools.
  • Slicing tools will have a quality rating, which will determine the slice percentage.
  • Once an item has been sliced, that item will be subject to decay.
  • Decay will occur on player death/cloning.
  • Weapons/Armor that are decayed, but above 0 condition may be repaired. However, will lose overall condition.
  • When an item reaches 0 overall condition, it will be broken and no longer usable.
  • Traders will be able to craft weapon/armor decay repair kits.
Note: Decay only applies to weapons/armor that have been sliced, non-sliced items will NOT suffer decay.

Beast Master/Creature Hunter
  • Players will be able to spec into new skill trees, such as creature taming.
  • Creature lairs will spawn "baby" beasts, that may be tamed.
  • Certain beasts will require players to have a high amount of "creature taming skill mods" in order to tame.
  • The stats of tamed pets will vary, determined by the level, type, and number of creature taming skill mods, etc.
  • Some beasts will not be tamable and only obtained via incubation.
  • Scout tools, such as old school traps will be required to successfully tame a beast.
  • Players will be able to handle multiple beasts at once. If more than one pet is handled, the overall stats of the beasts will be lowered to ensure balance.
  • New beast skills (combat, buff, etc.)

Feel free to share your comments in regards to the proposed updates shown above. We look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts, positive and negative, but please keep it civil.
We would also like to give a shoutout to Miku and Smokey Joe for the initial concepts above. Thanks!!

Last edited:

Erotica

FRS is unneeded i really do not see many using it but a select few and if you are locking the new trees behind it? this is doing the opposite of what people would do as it PVP Based and not a lot want PvP let alone when you have a select few who stomp on players without being touched.

This would have been a better update if you had added a new Holocron grind system The system will automatically assign characters to a randomly generated list of requirements that leads to a theme park. which would unlock a new XP BAR/Wheel that can be grinded for new Force points. which can only be used in the 5 new trees which are unlocked after completing the theme park. and make it so the defender/healer spec has its own stance so LSJ/DSJ can't use said ability unless they do the stance hopping..

The FRS system could be unlocked when you reach the max level in the new force system that has its own force bar for the new abilities while keeping the old 45-point system for the old 3 trees.

This would allow a double type spec but you can't play both at once because of the stances. you can easily make it so stances can only be switched every 60 seconds as well.

This would also give staff the ability to make the Jedi Enhancer and Jedi Force Powers and Masterlightsaber only boost x abilities or stats.

Such as Master Lightsaber can be more focused on buffing LSJ's Damage or Defender Melee abilities. while force powers can buff DSJs or Healers while enhancers can be stuff like stats/buffs or buffing group buffs under healer tree or enhancements to healing etc.

The BM/CH idea is great but I think FRS should be separated from the new trees. and FRS be more for Rewards/leaderboards/Titles/Badges. while the theme park has its own Jedi-themed rewards and unlocks the new trees possibly even new elder robes and blue glow and the elder crystals and title/badge.

Heck this could lead to a new legendary Revolved around Exar and other sith/Jedi.

Xcon

Personally, I'm not looking forward to the Jedi update. It's going to make some other classes obsolete because people will be wanting to do it with a Jedi. If Jedi are going to become more powerful, people are going to want to play the more powerful class and not play their other class. Just gonna be a repeat of what happened in Pre-cu.

The timing of announcing this seems like a copy of what another server is about to be doing (in a slightly different way).

Instead of the Jedi update, I'd rather see a fix/solution/something to the RNG system. It is tiring to see the same people loot the majority of the loot from content. It is unrewarding to the rest of us. It would be a SWG first (at least to my knowledge) to fix this broken system.

Yekzunno

Firstly. Jedi update is not a positive change. From stories of Pre-cu. The ability to 1v8+ is not good for any game. Pre-cu Jedi was a broken and abused system. To bring it into the new CU would disrupt everything about classes. This server is great by its ability to develop content that’s new and refreshing. But bringing in something that anyone that truly played Pre-cu would understand how horrible that Jedi is. If you want to bring a force ranking system into the game. I would say make that similar to GCW rank. Where at certain ranks you can get a buff and at different ranks it unlocks a vendor for you to buy new Jedi content. (And the top rank unlocks something cool like elder robes) but I would not like to see pre-cu Jedi on a new combat update server. (Wait and watch the other server. Jedi will be unlocked and it will destroy the server)

slicing update I like. My concern is maybe I misunderstood but if I didn’t. The decay dropping to 0 should be repairable. I understand it is part of the risk. But make an item to repair an item from 0 decay is hard to grind/loot/buy so it’s not impossible to recover a broken item.

beast taming update is a cool touch. My concern would be creature abilities. Having multiple creatures means having a pet that stun. Pet that has action drain pet that has etc etc. that’s a scary thing to add to any combat profession. Maybe make it it’s own profession that can be balanced better on its own.
Overall aspects of all of these can be intriguing to add to the server. And bring about the enjoyable content that this server is able to add. Just scary to see this server make mistakes that have already been made; by SOE, or other servers.

Neewup

What I would say is missing something that a solo player can do to help him get some progressing to improve when you are unable to play or can’t get into a group. More on a solo dungeon once a day thing. Remember you have all types of people that play some may just be cool with be a solo so and do things by themselves. Or as I see just so they can do something if they get mad at each other so we can pass times.

Since you are looking to do the Jedi system over it cool. I really don’t like that part since. You have the ITV to get away. Now that lame. I’m not a person who want to be one guy and have to run and hide. All the time. If I on an other toon. But if you make it you can lvl and lose rank SF only then it would be better. That’s gives Jedi a better chance to be used in pvp. You can also add to other classes as well. To improve them. Plus not everyone wants to BH or keep getting group up on by them hunting over and over.

Zor

As a pre publish 9 player that has seen all variations of the SWG Jedi, please don't bring back jedi as an alpha class. I'm all for a jedi revamp that would make them better to play, but bringing back a system such as the FRS (which was broken and exploited) to further increase the abilities in a fashion that would give that profession the ability to take down multiple players would have a negative impact on the server. As on live, all this would lead to is a mass effort of players "grinding" jedi and FRS to either gain or negate an edge causing everyone to stop playing other professions or participating in other aspects of the game. Please don't tell me that it is deserved because of the "work" that gets put into it because this is a game not "work".

Psybon

I would be interested in learning about the Taming idea. So, I have busted my butt to get a setup to make a 60 pt pet. Am I obsolete to someone who "tames" an equivalent pet or will the Incubated pet always be supreme?

Side note, have tamed pets be like a RNG on stats, never full 60 but maybe something like a stat RNG to 50

Erotica

Mutations would not be tamable im positive but basic rancors etc. it'd likely be like it was back in the day so all your rare mutations that were not added back than would be made only pretty sure . the old system would return as it still works to this day its just disabled. it wouldn't effect mutations one bit. not to mention not many play BM so taming might entice people more.